Sunday, April 17, 2011

Think big. Dream big. Be big. Even if you’re small.

There are moments when you sense that things larger than yourself operate the world. And despite the human instinct to do things selfishly and avoid all things fearful, if you live your life for others there will be a huge impact on this planet.
And by you, I mean me (and hopefully you too).
It’s so easy to be comfortable with the world as you know it; to resist change, to think things will fall apart if they evolve. But they don’t.
Tonight I watched a video that brought back my faith in mankind. Where once I thought that technology was pulling us apart, I now realize it has the capability of bringing us together. Our community inspires us, involves us, and teaches us to be more than ourselves. But best of all, our connection with each other and our community can be instigated by any means.
Every day I learn more and more that the love for one’s community, combined with belief and faith in the good of people, is what leads to a fulfilled life.

Have a watch. It's well worth it:
http://www.thersa.org/events/vision/vision-videos/rachel-botsman

No comments:

Post a Comment