Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stand Still. You'll be surprised what you see.


The thing about starting a new budget tracking system is that it puts things into perspective. What did I learn? I spend the same amount of money on alcohol and coffee as I do on groceries for the week. And that it’s easier for me to justify $16 on a bottle of wine than the paperwork filing system I desperately need.

At this point, I’m unsure of what to do with this information. On one hand, I love my life and feel balanced. On the other, I’m kind of surprised that two addictive substances eat up so much of my bank account. What I do know is that I am tempted to come up with some blanket goal that will change things (like quitting alcohol and coffee).

This week I have received a lot of coaching on my shit. You know what I mean; the parts of life that you don’t necessarily like. My peers, my friends, my ex, my manager, and even the new seminar I’m taking have all told me to ‘be with it’.

Normally when I’m uncomfortable, I default to strategy & action. I come up with a plan for how I can stop how I feel instead of going with it.

This is a new muscle to grow- just be with it. Don’t do anything... It doesn’t sound like it will ‘fix’ things, but that is kind of the point. We don’t need to fix life, we need to live it. And I admire these people too much not to listen to them. Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment