Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Live for me? Or live for you?


None of us really look all that good most of the time. 

But how can you live your life not worrying what others think? Acting for what you know is right to you, and speaking with intention and love in a way that people want to hear the truth.
Every second we hang onto a conversation, every moment that we hold back- makes us less who we really are.

I hesitate so much in my life. Considering all options, deciding what is the best move. This sucks most of the time, by the way. Because there is no calculation for the best possible life. Truly living is to do so freely. To be one’s own self regardless of what happens around you. And for that self to be whole-heartedly at service for the world and the people in it.

I feel like I am hitting another teenage phase in my life. Where I have such amazing relationships and people who have floated into my life- and I am terrified to lose them. I hesitate on some conversations because I am afraid of how they will react. And it creates a void.


The next foot I put forward will be based on trust. Living life is a bit like walking with your eyes closed. You never know what you’re stepping into when you start a conversation; all there is to do is trust yourself and others in your life that the honest conversation will lead to the best result (even if it doesn’t feel it at the time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment