Saturday, March 19, 2011

little black cloud

photo by Luke Tyszkiewicz
Sometimes there is a little black cloud that follows you around. It laughs at you when you're sad and shoots thunderbolts at you when you're not looking. It can feel like it will never go away. But we all have a certain button (custom to each person) that kills the cloud and gets you back on the right path.

What can be tricky is that this button can change with time. Where once a yoga class was what did it, now that doesn't seem good enough. Or maybe you are able to diffuse the cloud for a day- and it comes right back again. And what did I name my cloud, you ask? Well that depends... You see, his name changes with every heartbreak.

To some extent, I think it's important to live where you are- embrace the little black cloud at times in order to truly get complete with what is bothering you. This is what they call embracing vulnerability. Where I start to run off track is when I share the cloud. Complaining or enrolling others in how terrible things are never works. It's important that you share where you are, but in my experience, that sharing can turn to complaint after 4 or 5 times.

So what there is to face for me now is giving it all up. No more 'poor me' act- it's time to get back on my path again. So I pull out my agenda, get on the web, and plan my week as though none of last week ever happened. There will always be new clouds to face in the future, but I'll be damned if I let them consolidate with the black clouds of my past- that is just not how I choose to live my life. And Spring is getting closer every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment