Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Things I Learned This Weekend:


 Old habits do die hard. And small decorative boxes are amazing for packing. 

…Ok, so that second bit is still my old habits dying hard. 

Remember how I discovered that I was an OCD hoarder? Well it appears purging has taken place of this hoarding. I have given away most of my stuff- to the point where half of my total belongings are now neatly stored and labelled in the small decorative boxes I once emptied in the great purge of 2011. And there they sit, waiting for me to move in a few short weeks. A slight detour on the pathway to normal-ville, but at least I’m headed in the right direction. 

It also appears that I had a compulsive need to buy furniture and household items for a long while that went unnoticed. I ask you, what 29-year-old moving out of their childhood home for the first time has TOO MUCH furniture? This girl, right here…that’s who. 

And what does one do when they realize this all at once; standing in their kitchen amongst all of the things they cherish all packed into boxes? You dance, that’s what you do. Dance in your kitchen to Norah Jones playing on the radio. And breathe.

So that’s just what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment