Monday, January 17, 2011

on the road to greatness.

My vision involves my new found passion for photography. A passion which I truly love, but know little to nothing about and it intimidates me greatly. So I asked Santa for a fancy camera for Christmas. And sure enough on Christmas morning, sitting under the tree was a shiny new camera all wrapped up just for me- the ultimate proof that I had been a good girl all year.
Over the holidays, the excitement of playing with my camera was easy. Lots of shiny and beautiful things to take photos of while I toy with every button, whizzle, and knob there is to play with. Post-New-Year’s, the interesting things in your house diminish greatly. And now, any time I want to play with my camera, the only somewhat willing subjects are my animals.
This has resulted in what is shaping up to be an unhealthy relationship between me, the cats, and my tiny dog (who somewhat resembles a cat). Every day as I say a little goodbye to hoarder-me, I say a little hello to cat-lady-me. Let’s face it. This is not helping me move toward my vision of a family someday. The cat-lady is far less attractive than even the person who hangs onto craft supplies for their future children (as mentioned below).
So what to do now? Only thing left is to sign up for photography lessons. And stop taking photos of my cats, of course.
Look at me… just weeks until Vision Day, and I’m shedding the crazy versions of myself before they are even born. On the road to greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment