Sunday, May 22, 2011

Feeling it, living it.

Days like today make everything worthwhile. The sun comes out and we all experience different Toronto. People smile, parks get crowded, there is a lightness to the air that didn't exist before. 

Friends have told me about the moment when you realize you live alone. They told stories about being sick and unable to make soup, or when they couldn't hang a picture on their own. Mine came today.

As if the world was teasing me with another one of its fabulous clichés, a small black bug showed up under my sofa cushion. This discovery resulted in a series of events I am not proud of; namely a compulsive google image search of "small black bug in house" all the while crossing my fingers it wasn't a bed bug, and breaking out in itchy hives through the process which only went away after a scalding shower. 

But the best part of living in Toronto is that sunny days can cure any case of the blues (or alleged 'spider beetles'). So here I am, sitting in my favourite spot of my favourite park, watching the sun go down; mason jar of wine in hand, dog by my side, breathing in freshly cut grass and watching the city's landmark while listening to music. Letting the sounds fill me with indulgence the way they do sometimes. Like the warmth of your first cocktail of the night, an indulgent dish of your favourite food, or making love. Feeling the moment completely through my body and being present in a way that takes full concentration. Living life with my whole body. Not just my mind.

1 comment: